Older Australians can access short term health support services

Older Australians can access short-term home support services (such as meals or personal care) through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) in an emergency without having had an aged care assessment. Clients who require long term or ongoing services will be supported by their CHSP provider to contact My Aged Care and arrange for a formal assessment of their care needs.  

If people need support, they are encouraged to call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 if they require urgent assistance.

Please note for patients who require a My Aged Care assessment under urgent or non-urgent circumstances, in response to COVID-19 My Aged Care assessors are responding flexibly regarding conducting face-to-face assessments. Should the persons situation require it, assessors are able to conduct telephone or telehealth assessments.

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email