The new measures for visitors to our residential aged care are:
Proof of immunisation for this year’s Flu vaccination is required before entry
Existing checks and measures still in place are:
- Only two visitors (close family only) per day to be co-ordinated by the resident’s primary contact
- The maximum length of visit is 2 hours
- A declaration is required to be completed on entry and temperature checking
- Children under 16 may not visit
- A social distance of 1.5 metres is to be maintained at all times
- Visits may only occur in a resident’s room or outdoors
- Entry to our communal areas is strictly prohibited
- Any exceptions to the above may only be made by the Nurse Unit Manager or Director of Nursing
We will also be surveying all those entering our facilities to ensure any visitors to the facility are not suffering any covid-19 symptoms or have been recently exposed to the virus.
The form will include the following questions:
- Have you returned from overseas in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Do you have a fever or symptoms of an acute respiratory infection, including dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath and fatigue?
Please note; If you answer yes to any of the above, we ask you do not enter the premises.
All doors, including the aged care entrance, will be locked until further notice. A doorbell is available and staff will come to unlock the doors and discuss the screening process with you.
Further Departmental requirements that will be assessed prior to entry:
- No entry to people who are unwell or who have a fever or flu-like symptoms
- No entry to school groups
- For residents facing the end of life, this will be discussed with the Nurse Unit Manager and the family
We thank our community for understanding and supporting these measures to ensure the safety of our residents.