Rosebank Hostel provides low level residential aged care for the local community and surrounding districts.
Single room accommodation with ensuite bathroom is provided for 15 residents.
Residents are cared for by registered nurses (both Division 1 and 2) and personal care attendants. They also have access to a range of allied health services.
Rosebank Nursing Home is a dedicated high care facility providing an essential service to members of the community who require 24 hour seven day a week nursing care. The facility has 10 beds, all of these are single rooms with ensuite bathroom attached.
Our staffing includes registered nurses (both Registered and Enrolled) to ensure all our resident’s needs are met. In addition all residents have access to a number of allied health services, such as physiotherapy, speech pathology, dietician, diabetes education, podiatry, palliative care, audiology and optometry.
A diversional therapist and a very committed group of volunteers provide a range of activity programs to both the hostel and nursing home.
This fee helps pay for your day-to-day services such as meals, cleaning, facility management and laundry. Everyone is expected to pay a basic daily fee to cover these services
· It is currently set at $51.63 per day
· The basic daily fee is 85% of the single person rate of the basic age pension. The government sets the price on 20 March and 20 September each year, changing in line with increases to the age pension
· This is an additional fee that you may be asked to pay. Not everyone will have to pay this fee.
· The exact amount you will pay is determined through an income and assets assessment. The means-tested care fee that you pay will be between $0 to $252.20* per day
· It is an ongoing fee that you pay towards the cost of your personal and clinical care. Personal care can include help with bathing, dressing, grooming and going to the toilet. Clinical care can include services like specialised nursing services or medication assistance
· There are annual and life time caps on means-tested care fees. The maximum that can be charged is:
o $27,754.52* per year,
o $66,610.90* in a lifetime
· This is for your accommodation in the hostel or nursing home.
· The amount you pay for your accommodation depends on your eligibility for government help
· If you can afford it, you are expected to pay for your room. However, help with some or all of the accommodation costs is available to those that need it. This is determined by an income and assets assessment. Further information on this is available on www.myagedcare.gov.au/aged-care-home-costs-and-fees
· The accommodation payment can be paid as either a refundable accommodation deposit (RAD) or a daily accommodation payment (DAP). The following is an example of how the accommodation fee can be charged based on the maximum room price of $450,000
Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD): $450,000
Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP): $60.53* ($22,093.45* per annum)
Combination of DAP and RAD
At 50% RAD and 50% DAP: RAD $225,000 and DAP $30.26* ($11,046.72* per annum)
* Rates listed above are current as of 1st January 202