Poisonous mushrooms growing in Victoria
* Poisonous mushrooms including Death Cap mushrooms and Yellow-staining mushrooms occur in Victoria during Autumn, as the weather becomes wetter and cooler.
* Consuming a Death Cap mushroom may result in death.
* Cooking, peeling or drying these mushrooms does not remove or inactivate the poison.
* There is no home test available to distinguish safe and edible mushrooms from poisonous mushrooms.
* Mushrooms purchased from a supermarket, greengrocer, or other reputable source are safe to eat.
* Remove any mushrooms growing in home gardens, as young children and pets can easily eat them.
Further information can be found HERE